
2. I awoke with one of my nasty headaches. (I believe I have mentioned them before on here.) I have some new theories as to what's causing them. (Skip ahead to number 3 if you don't want TMI) might be related to digestive health. I looked it up, and sure enough, headaches can be caused by being "stopped up" I did not know that! I clearly need to drink more water. It's such a challenge for me. If you see me the first question you need to ask me is "Kayleen, when was the last time you drank water?!" And then hound me until I have a glass.
3. Because of my headache, it has been a very bad day so far. All morning I laid on the couch or in bed. How do you do this with two babies? It's called Caillou for Lou and nursing for Jo. Louisa is obsessed with that show. But it helped me survive the morning. Finally, as of about 30 minutes ago, my pain killers started kicking in and Louisa went down for a nap. Now I feel like blogging because I haven't done anything all day but I don't have enough energy for anything else like housework.
4. The garbage really needs to be taken down. That's just one hard aspect of having two kids with poopy diapers throughout the day. It's getting very stinky in here. :P Mike and I can't wait to have a house so that taking down the garbage isn't a huge chore. Instead of having to go out, where you potentially meet your neighbors going down the elevator and also having to leave the babies (which is why I can't really tak
e it down during the day), we could simply go into the garage, or the side of the house.

5. I'm sorry this quick takes is turning out to be very boring! I realize I'm just complaining. I'm truly sorry. I will make the last two positive and cheerful.
6. Josephine smiles now! Social smiles, that is. She likes watching Louisa and already responds with little smiles and by following her sister with her eyes around the room. Lou's favorite things to do with Josie are showing off her bellybutton, showing her toys (like two inches from Josie's face :) and stealing her binky. Even though my s.i.l told me that it wouldn't be too long before they'd be interact
ing with one another, I'm still amazed at how quickly it has happened.

7. I have a very handsome, loving Husband who I can't wait to spend the weekend with. I feel like lately I've been just looking forward to having Mike get home so I could have help, and a break. But when I stop to think about it, it's really also because I do love him and his company. With the stress and demands of parenthood, I never want to forget our friendship. I like thinking about pre-baby days sometimes, not because I don't love my children, but precisely because I do love them. Our love created our babies, and it does me well to remember why and how we fell in love in the first place. So hurry home honey...I need you!
Have a lovely weekend! Go Seahawks!
I hope your headaches go away soon and that you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI first saw Conversion Diary a couple of years ago, and yes, it *is* very good. But then, I haven't read it in ages...
ReplyDeleteAbout getting enough water, what if you squeeze a little fresh lemon juice into some? Nothing is as good as fresh, and it would also give you that little extra bit of vitamin C. Or how about plain sparkling water with some lemon?
And as for baby smiles, my opinion is that a smile is a smile is a smile. This reminds me of gas bubbles vs. early-pregnancy baby kicks. I mean, who gets gas bubbles in their...pelvis? You know? Damien was always a smiley baby from the very night he was born and even before then. When I laughed during the 3D ultrasound, he immediately smiled and we have the picture to prove it, and it gave the technician a chuckle, too. It was definitely a reaction. Of course, I think there's a difference between a newborn baby smile and a smile like Josie is flashing you by now, the smile that says, "Hi! I'm Josie. I like you. Wanna be friends?" Very cute.