Outside my window… Cloudy and misty. And chilly. oh Seattle. Check this out.
I am thinking… About my how I might have spoken to soon about the success of a 'big girl' bed for Louisa. Yesterday's naptime was a disaster. Bedtime was no better. Oy. It's going to take some getting used to! At one point last night I was ready to throw in the towel tell Mike to grab the wrench and put the crib back together! But no, we made our bed and now we have to sleep in it......ha. ha. Very clever Kayleen.
I am thankful for…My mom, who took Lou to see Winnie the Pooh yesterday after her 'non-nap'. I really needed a break and Lou had a great time!
From the kitchen… Lots of yummy breakfast foods that I could choose from. We just went to Trader Joe's and so we are well stocked - I love that!
I am wearing… Gray tank top and jeans. I match the weather....meh.
I am creating… A new naptime and bedtime routine. We all are around here....Lord, please help us!
I am going… Back to the dentist next week for a filling. We went this week for a cleaning and full mouth X-rays. I am now with a new dentist (one that Mike's been going to for a year now) and he is excellent. The whole staff there seems really wonderful. I actually talked with the hygienist quite a bit (in between her cleaning my teeth :) and we have a TON in common. Mike and I were wondering if it would be weird if we wanted to be friends. She has an 11 month old and actually lives near us. Go figure!
I am hoping…Louisa learns to fall asleep in her bed quickly and that bedtime is a peaceful happy time, not nightmarish and terrible. I have been in many homes where bedtime is the worst part of the day and I just don't wan to be that family!
I am hearing…Josie getting impatient with me...hurry up mom and finish your silly blogging!!
Around the house… Laundry to fold...house to tidy up. Mike is having guy friends over tonight so it doesn't need to be too clean ;)
One of my favorite things…Blog comments. Hint hint :)
A few plans for the rest of the week: Seeing a movie with my hubby and hopefully some other couples!


She looks so much like you (and...dusty!...gasp!) In that picture. Of course she still looks like a girl though. :)
ReplyDeleteFunky bed time routines were, for me, one of the most frustrating aspects of parenting; I was so ready for the day to be done and have some peace, but my kids WOULD NOT go to sleep. It took about a month of consistent routine before it stuck, and for the past couple of years both of my kids go to sleep at exactly eight o'clock with zero fuss. Jack had an easier time than Matteas, who didn't sleep through the night or go to sleep easily until well after he'd quit nursing. That is to say, I've been there, and good luck :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Tirzah. I am glad you guys are in a good place with bedtime now! (I recall you guys having some issues, especially with matteas?) We have always done pretty well with Louisa. For the last two and a half years I could probably say that I feel well rested about 80% of the time - which I consider really good for having young kids. I don't have too much to complain about. Just recently, with the new toddler bed, things have gotten tricky. For the past few nights it's been better. The best thing, we've found, is to make sure she is really good and tired before we put her down, which essentially means we have pushed back her bedtime from 7:30 to 8:30 or 9, which is kind of a bummer, but if that's what it takes we're willing to do that. One day, when we both have grown up kids, I bet we'll miss this part of our lives. At least that's what I keep telling myself :)
ReplyDelete