Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Our son is baptized!

...and Chrismated (Confirmed) and has receieved his first Holy Eucharist!
Praise be Jesus Christ!


(Here are a few pics, courtesy of uncle Ryan. Remember, I usually do black and white or sephia, because, like I've explained, the colors never seem to turn out the way I want them in our church. It's hard because there is little natural light and the icons always seem to look yellow instead of the gold that they are)






















It was such a beautiful, wonderful day. As we were driving home Mike and I agreed that there really wasn't anything that could have gone better. We had some family members missing, and that made us sad of course. Mike's parents were stand ins for the godparents: Michael's aunt and uncle. So of course we wish they could have been there, but they were there in spirit and we know they are great, prayerful people so Michael will totally be blessed by them throughout his life.

One miracle that I wasn't expecting was that not one, but both the girls fell asleep during liturgy! Josie slept on uncle Pat and Lou slept on her godmother. It was such a blessing. So daddy and I got to really enjoy the rest of liturgy after Michael's baptism without distraction.

Then the reception turned out great! It was my idea to do a taco bar, and thanks to my mom and dad and sister, it was all put together perfectly for everyone to enjoy after liturgy. I think most people had a good time and were happy to celebrate Michael's most special day with us. We are so blessed.


Oh happiness. My son is baptized. Let the angels sing out in joy and let him become a saint!


6 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Kayleen. And your church is gorgeous. Congratulations, Michael! Welcome to the family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It looks like it was a beautiful ceremony! How special to have family close by to attend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Can't wait to see your newest little one and see him/her baptized :)

      Delete
  3. beautiful! Is the chief celebrant a proto-pop (arch priest) or bishop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe Fr. Joseph is an arch priest.

    He is technically 'retired' (the man is 75!) but is waiting on a new priest to be assigned before actually be retired!

    ReplyDelete